- IMsL 2010 April 15-18, 2010 SF, CA
- Beyond Leather III April 23-25, 2010 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Northwest Leather Celebration and the Northwest Master/slave Contest April 30th – May 2nd, 2010 San Jose, CA
- 69 Stories – IMsL Fundraiser May 21-23, 2010 San Francisco, CA
- Shibaricon May 28-31, 2010 Chicago, IL
- International Mr. Leather May 28-31, 2010 Chicago, IL
- SouthEast LeatherFest June 10-13, 2010 Atlanta, GA
- San Francisco Pride June 27, 2010 San Francisco, CA
- Madtown Kinkfest July 2-4, 2010 Madison, WI
- American Brotherhood Weekend July 16-18, 2010 Chicago, IL
- Wish Summer Camp July 21-25, 2010 Smögen, Sweden
- Stockholm Pride Presentation July 26-August 1, 2010 Stockholm, Sweden
- RFSU Center Class July 28th, 2010 Stockholm, Sweden
- Gay Pride March with Scandinavian Leathermen July 31st, 2010 Stockholm, Sweden
- Stockholm PridePark: meet & greet and Q & A August 1st, 2010 Stockholm, Sweden
- Berlin Leather (various appearances) August 2nd – 6th Berlin, Germany
- The Cinch: BDSM Classes August 14th, 18th, 2010 Dublin, Ireland
- The Floating World, 2010 August 20-22, 2010 Edison, NJ
- The Play House August 28-29, 2010 Baltimore, MD
- Master/slave Conference 2010 September 3-6, 2010 Washington, DC
- Abiola Abrams web TV – “Love, sex & Dating” September 7th NYC, NY
- Pinned formally into “Mama’s Family,” SF Eagle September 12, 2010
- The Central Ohio Perversion Excursion September 17-19, 2010 Columbus, OH
- FolsomFringe 2010 September 24-26, 2010 Santa Clara, CA
- Folsom Street Fair September 26, 2010 San Francisco, CA
- NYC sex Blogger Calendar Party, October 1, 2010 NYC, New York
- Oklahoma Mr. Leather October 8-10, 2010 Oklahoma
- Rio Grande Leather October 15-17, 2010 Albuquerque, NM
- Kinky College October 22-24, 2010 Chicago, IL
- Leather Pride Amsterdam, The Netherlands October 28-31, 2010
- (Various bar appearances) Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Opening: Amsterdam’s Motorclub (MSA) Exhibit Museum of Amsterdam October 28th, 2010 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Opening: Black Body: Amsterdam October 29th, 2010 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Reading: Vrolijk Bookstore Sunday, October 31st Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Banquet: Amsterdam’s Motorclub (MSA) Saturday, October 30th, 2010 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Nubian Imp Productions Presents: Mollena Williams Intensive November 5th – 7th, 2010 Vancouver, BC
- Metro Vancouver Kink November 6th, 2010 Vancouver, BC
- 69Stories: One Pervert’s Tale, November 5th, 2010 Vancouver, BC
- Leather Reign – 2010 November 13-14, 2010 Seattle, WA
- Spanksgiving November 19-21, 2010 St. Louis, MO
- Dr. Suzy Show November 27, 2010 Los Angeles, CA
- The Cinch: BDSM Classes Dublin, Ireland
- Scandinavian Leathermen & Club WISH Classes December 20, 2010 Stockholm, Sweden
- New year’s Eve Party Performance with Rebecca Wilcox – December 31st, 2010 Gothenberg, Sweden
- 2-Day Intensive: Mollena Williams December 1- 2, 2011 Gothenberg, Sweden
- RFSU Center Presentation, January 5th, 2011 Stockholm, Sweden
- Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend January 14-17, 2011 Washington, DC
- SouthWest Leather Conference January 21-23, 2011 Phoenix, AZ
- Winter Wickedness, February 4-5, 2011 Columbus, OH
- New England Leather Alliance Fetish Flea, February 11-13, 2011 Providence, RI
- Madtown Kinkfest, February 18-20, 2011 Madison, WI
- South Plains Leatherfest, February 25-27, 2011 Dallas, TX
- Mr. SF Leather Contest, March 4-5, 2011 San Francisco, CA
- Portland Kinkfest, March 18-20, 2011 Portland, OR
- NCSF Speaker Training & Annual Meeting March 24-27th, 2011 Boston MA
IMsL’s 25th Anniversary ~ April 14-17, 2011 San Francisco, CA
Having Family, whether the one into which you are born, the one you make, the one you stumble into, or the one that welcomes you in, is vital. I have several Families to whom I belong, and they play various roles in my life. My born family, my Hunter Family, my Theater family, my Family in Recovery…the Family of fellow Titleholders, my small circle of Leather Family, the Family that is my theater company, Crowded Fire…my new far-flung International Family of fellow Leatherfolk and Kinky peeps.
Regardless of whatever draws Family together, what keeps Family together is a common desire for camaraderie, support, love, and a “safe haven” from the slings and arrows, the judgement and ebb and flow of the default world. For Leatherfolks, this can be lifesaving: we sometimes can’t hope to find unconditional acceptance “Out There.” So. We make our own Family.
Perverted Negress, Without Shame: An Interview with Mollena Williams, International Ms. Leather 2010
Mollena “Mo” Williams doesn’t know how to slow down. Just this year, she was crowned first Ms. San Francisco Leather and then International Ms. Leather 2010; wrote her first book, The Toybag Guide to Playing With Taboo (Greenery Press); staged a revival of 69 Stories, her one-woman show about her erotic self-discovery; participated in the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade; quit her old job and started a new one.
In the meantime, she’s made a reputation in the BDSM scene as a sought-after teacher and presenter on topics such as race play, as well as a prolific blogger at ALT.com and at her personal website, The Perverted Negress. It’s hard to believe that a mere three years ago, Mo was unemployed and fresh out of a stint in rehab for alcoholism. She took a rare afternoon off the day after San Francisco Pride to talk about her remarkable journey over tea.
You’ve been very open about your sobriety.
Yes. And I’m really glad, because part of what was difficult for me was that shame. I had the surety that if people knew how fucked up I was, they wouldn’t like me anymore.
The final—I was going to say nail in the coffin but no, this is the nail out of the coffin—was one morning I got up and I thought I was dying.
I was invited to Stockholm to speak on BDSM at Camp WISH and at Stockholm Pride. Amazing honors, incredible women. Some trying obstacles in my own life, but so much learned. I’ve made some new friends I am pretty sure I will have in my life for a while to come. And I love, love Sweden!
Then yet another humbling miracle.
The Scandinavian Leathermen SLM have never invited a woman to roll with them in Pride. The honor goes to Klara of RFSL and Lilaa of WISH Camp for laying the groundwork for International Brother & Sisterhood in Leather.
I will add more as I can…this adventure is already amazing. And even the obstacles that seemed terrible losses at first have reminded me that for all I lose, I gane tenfold in new opportunities.
Next stop? Berlin!
It has been a month since the International Ms Leather contest. One month ago today, I was in a dazed haze, worrying about the opening number, freaking out about the interview, praying I wouldn’t completely melt down before the weekend was over.
Thanks to Glenda, tomo, Ms. Rhonda and Levi for pulling together a stellar group of people to make this event happen.
Thanks to my friend Tee, for pulling it (and me) all together.
Thank you, Patti for anchoring me backstage.
Endless thanks to everyone who donated to help IMsL’s silent auction.
Thanks to Lamalani and Pony, for setting the stage and showing us how that shit is DONE.
Part of the process of running for International Ms Leather was coming up with a “Fantasy” segment. I had a small (dis)advantage as I’d already performed one for my run for Ms. SF Leather, and was satisfied with how that went. I decided, somewhat controversially (and against several recommendations,) to reproduce the performance verbatim for the International competition.
I have the rare (and, surprise surprise) further controversial move of having video of the performance available for those who were unable to join us for this amazing competition. Thanks to Q, who I am proud to stand beside in Leather, and as Chosen Family.
I’m not unfamiliar with the fact that my story, my life, my practices, make some uncomfortable. I also know that I live my life to honor my God and those I love. My intention is to tell a story…my story…in a way that is facilitated by a lifetime of training and practice in performance and storytelling.
Some people have a simple straightforward path to their Leather lifestyle. And some of us have a more…challenging path.
Now isn’t the time for me to backpedal or apologise.
Now is the time to facilitate dialog, stay in transparency, to walk in integrity.
To be honest? I haven’t watched the video. I can hardly listen to the song without my insides curling up and tingling and exploding,
And if you wanna buy the version featured, you can do so here.
And if you want to examine the thoughts of someone who saw the contest and floored me with their analysis, you can read it here.
And if you are a member of FetLife and want to read the very personal process of someone who saw the fantasy, was challenged by it, and honored the spirit of the message by thinking and sharing her thoughts, you can do that here.
Look, I know it isn’t the easiest thing, to see something that mirrors some of the darker aspects of our American history. But I am not in the business of avoiding darkness.
I honor my ancestors, the women and men who fought and struggled and died. I am well aware that I wouldn’t enjoy the freedoms I sometimes take for granted without that which has gone before.
If my worship doesn’t look like yours, that’s OK.
We all have our own paths to walk.
Congratulations, International Ms Leather, 2010!
Mo sends love and heartfelt appreciation to everyone who supported her!
Congratulations, first runner up,
Congratulations, second runner up
ECLIPSE Women & TransFolk Play party!
Friday, March 5 2010
8:00PM – 1:00AM
Hosted by Ms. Cat & Ajax
Friday, March 5th 8pm-1am at the SF Citadel
ECLIPSE IS BACK! If you haven’t been to an Eclipse party – what are you waiting for? Eclipse is a powerful gathering of Women and Trans perverts…all eager to indulge. The intoxicating energy at Eclipse has become known for its intensity and there’s always a surprise to keep our guests on their toes….er knees? In our 3rd year, we’re hotter than ever with fresh music, more presenters, and new themes to help inspire your fantasies! If your in the women’s’ community or ever wanted to get connected, Eclipse if the place to be with our interactive entertainment.
As many of you know, upon my being awarded the Title Ms. San Francisco Leather, it became part of my Titleholder responsibility to represent San Francisco in the International Ms. Leather Competition.
Since 2009 was the first Ms. San Francisco Leather contest in a decade, this is a very exciting and somewhat daunting run I have ahead of me. I am SO grateful to everyone who has extended the hand of help, and am appealing to folks to help us bring the title Back to the Bay!